For today’s Mindful Meat Mondays we are exceedingly proud to bring to you one of our favorite and premier ranches who just so happens to be a celebrated catering company of many years as well. We bring to you today’s deliciously humane offering from our dear friends John and Marina Backes of Circle B Ranch and Marina’s Kitchen. You can see all on their website Circle B Ranch. Please do NOT miss their blog!
Inspired by the folks at Meatless Mondays we believe a better option is available, for US through optimal human (omnivore) nutrition, the EARTH through pasture based and organic farming and the ANIMALS through humane animal husbandry and biologically appropriate diets.
Remember our important message will not spread if you do not help us spread it so please SHARE SHARE SHARE and join our wonderful, fast growing community today!
Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce
- 3 (10-oz) bone-in center-cut loin pastured pork chops
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh organic rosemary
- 1 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh organic strawberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. organic honey
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; rub with garlic and rosemary.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pork chops to pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and pork chops.
- Add strawberries, vinegar, and honey to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place one pork chop on each of 3 plates; top evenly with strawberry mixture.