HONOR your BODY, your FOOD.. OUR PLANET!
Greetings my beloved EOMers! I am very proud to present to you today’s installment of Mindful Meat Mondays featuring our friend Blake Hall and his fantastic ranch Prairie Gold Pastured Meats. You can visit them at their website as well.
Today’s recipe is simply one of my favorite taste sensations so I found my favorite version of it. Hope you enjoy.
Inspired by the folks at Meatless Mondays we believe a better option is available, for US through optimal human (omnivore) nutrition, the EARTH through pasture based and organic farming and the ANIMALS through humane animal husbandry and biologically appropriate diets.
Remember our important message will not spread if you do not help us spread it so please SHARE SHARE SHARE and join our wonderful, fast growing community today!
Bo Tai Chanh – Rare Beef Lime Salad
- 2 lbs. thinly sliced grass-fed beef any lean cut is fine
- ½ medium organic onion thinly sliced
- 2 whole organic lime
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- fish sauce
- fresh organic chillies
- crushed organic peanuts
- ½ organic red bell pepper optional
- 1 large can of pineapple juice
- ground organic soybean sauce
- minced organic garlic
- minced organic chillies
- organic lime
- organic sugar
- ground organic soy bean sauce
- Boil pineapple juice. You want to dip the sliced beef in the hot pineapple juice and remove right away. I like to use a small strainer.
- Drain the beef liquid.
- Squeeze 3 whole lime in a bowl. Add the beef to the lime juice. Wrap up the beef and let cool in the fridge while you work on other steps.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the sliced onions.
- Rough chopped the Vietnamese coriander. Thinly slice the red bell pepper.
- Prepare the peanuts.
- Add some fish sauce to the beef and mix.
- Add the bell pepper, fresh chillies and sliced onions to the beef and mix.
- Move the beef salad to a clean plate. Top off with crushed peanuts and coriander.