HONOR your BODY, your FOOD.. OUR PLANET!
Greetings EOM Nation! Proudly bringing you another installement “MINDFUL MEAT MONDAYS” brought to you by our dear friends and collaborators John and Nadine de Bruin of Best Beef Ever on facebook and their website: bestbeefever.com AND this week’s delicious offering is from our dear and lovely friend Lauren Bragg of Simply Paleo on facebook and her website: simplypaleo.com
This is a first for EOM-Mmm in that the chef is actually a customer of the ranch promoted today!
Please go give them some LIKES and LOVE today! Remember sharing is caring gang!!
Inspired by the folks at Meatless Mondays we believe a better option is available, for US through optimal human (omnivore) nutrition, the EARTH through pasture based and organic farming and the ANIMALS through humane animal husbandry and biologically appropriate diets.
Remember our important message will not spread if you do not help us spread it so please SHARE SHARE SHARE and join our wonderful, fast growing community today!
Amazing Grass Fed Fajita Bowls
- 1½ lbs. Grassfed skirt steak, cut into strips diagonally against the grain
- 1 whole Organic white onion julienned
- 1 whole Organic red bell pepper julienned
- 1 whole Organic yellow bell pepper julienned
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning (Trader Joe's has the best!)
- 6-8 leaves Organic butter lettuce
- Guac or avocados
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Pickled jalapeños
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Coconut flour tortillas
- Place the sliced skirt steak in a bowl, add lime juice and 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning, set aside
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp EVOO, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add the bell peppers, garlic, cumin, the other 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- Remove from pan, set aside
- Heat another tbsp of EVOO to medium-high heat, add steak and brown for 2 minutes
- Add the veggies back to the pan with some S&P, and perhaps more lime juice for flavour for 3 minutes
- Make sure the meat is just losing it's pink on the inside
- Serve immediately in lettuce leaves (double layer works best) and garnishes